The club will be…
- Open on 2nd, 9th and 16th August and
- Closed on 23rd and 30th August
- Great Fun!
- Available to almost all ages
- Suitable for all abilities; Beginners to Advanced
- An Olympic, Paralympic and Modern Pentathlon Sport
- Available as – Foil, Épée or Sabre
- An excellent way to keep fit
We have experienced and qualified coaches covering mainly foil and epee. Fencing is available for those aged 8 to 80+ and beginners to advanced fencers.
We run an annual epee competition in November for juniors and seniors, specifically aimed at fencers new to competition or who have been away for a while and looking to get back into competition again. The senior events are British Fencing ranking events and the U13 and U15 junior events are also England Youth U13 and U15 selection ranking events.
Our fencing club started in 2010 with sixteen fencers and now we regularly have over thirty fencers each Friday night. We have thirteen sets of electronic scoring equipment, ensuring our fencers get plenty of practice and fights. The fencing club fences throughout the year including holidays. Each month we have an interclub league night for foil (last Friday in the month) and epee (first Friday in month).